Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

For Missing Lovers

My skin is crawling now...
How vague the deep blue appears

Always seems to hide a little gray
Behind raptures eyes
The smallest kind of lie...
Like sharpened heaven.

We never forget...

Some old grave we departed
Guess it's all the same
For missing lovers in your heart
Not meant for another...
S t r a n g e r . . .

Why do you care?

Why do you feel like you owe her such a quiet visit?
The pale light strikes into the night sky
I promised nothing...

But I feel as though I need to give her my everything.

THE STARS STILL BRIGHT THIS ANGRY STORM.

The silence manifests into the deep blue

Like sharpened heaven.

My skin is crawling now...

No comments:

Post a Comment