Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Hour of Impulse

Indeed the need for change is of the essence
Simple words I can't compare
Nor will my mask be noticed tomorrow
But you will see, you will live
Don't forget to make way for me
So I can let go...
I do not understand without struggle...

Keep it at bay...
The storm is closing in
Resting needles on the morning sun.
Eyes facing bloody horizon...
Born, lived and died there...

No since in looking back
The past is forever gone...
And I will learn from trial and error
The very hour of my impulse...

A limb won't save me now
But won't let go.

Cannot live to suffer...

When creation is eternal.

Indeed the need for change is of the essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment