Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Monday, June 18, 2012

Out on a Limb

Detached from my body
Like the soul fly's into the night
In more ways than one
We are missing...
Don't seem to see the same blue
Of the dawn
Like we did before...

Hang on to this tree limb again
Hang on to her love...
Warm embraces
Loneliness lingers

Though the blood still anesthetized

Something unreal took place here
Something one can't explain
Don't ever believe that you can't trust it
Don't ever believe that desolation could leave you hopeless
This night is only one shade in a lifetime of colour
And you are all that I feel...
All that I fear can't make this painless...

Can't make you possible.

Warm embraces
Loneliness lingers

Though the blood still anesthetized.

Detached from my body
Like the soul fly's into the night

In more ways than one
We are missing...
Don't seem to see the same blue
Of the dawn
Like we did before...

Hang on to this tree limb
Hang on to my love...

2 comments:

  1. This is wonderful!
    Hang on to my love...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete