Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sometimes the Grave

You bleed me dry
Just as I awake...
I know the skies are crimson
And your eyes can't be seen...

They're sometimes
The grave...
Yeah,
They're sometimes the most
Darkest silhouettes;

But you're not one of them...
Your lights casting down upon mine

I am hallow and so easily mislead;
I was always without love
And now I can't go back from this...


Pull the curtains aside
The rain has stopped...
There is a piano in the guest room
Through these pauses of
Old train sounds
& ancient machines
I can distinctly remember you playing...
Without anyone else there...

Standing next to me... like ghosts
I felt alone
Just the window open half way
Reminds me of the love without touch,

The streetlights without light,
The never ending noise...
And your promises...

It's stranglehold on me.
Waiting for your sweet release...

You bleed me dry
Just as I awake...
I know the skies are crimson
And your eyes can't be seen...

They're sometimes
The grave...
Yeah,
They're sometimes the most
Darkest silhouettes;

I love you so much yet understand so little
(Can't you feel my heart is yours?)
But can you feel it's complexity?

I won't be misunderstood.

They're sometimes
The grave...
Yeah.

They're always
The grave...

(Written 6-24-2012 between 3-4 am.
While listening to Domenic play guitar... )

2 comments:

  1. I'll be honest, I haven't read something you've written in such a long time, I forgot how much emotion and visuals you bring out in your words. Seems the saddest words touch the heart the most, maybe that's because when we truely feel sad we are usually alone and allow ourselves to truely feel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Amber... for stopping by!
    and for your kind words. It's not always easy getting people to read poetry... but when they do it's a good feeling for me to know that someone appreciates it...

    and i agree with you... I believe a big reason why poetry is a true passion of mine is because it helps me deal with "the sadness of things"...

    thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete