Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Above & Below

My eyes are tired to this world...
Wake me up...
The feeling is warmth
The kind you feel you cannot breathe
Heavy is the morning
A haze that fills the atmosphere

When you look beyond the gray the blue never shows
Keep the headlines close
There's a story in the future...

Just a notion follows...
Life is easy on this tree
Some people look up to you
Others don't know you by name

It is so simple...
Just to avoid;
It is beyond their judgment
To say how things have gone
To know where you are
And believe in what you feel...
Could be the last of souls to connect

To place you now would be like
Holding a ghost in my hands.

Life isn't easy on this grave...

Don't wake me up.

The feeling is without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment