Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

For Bottles of Rain


Some secrets lie safe under this tree
I lay my head down gently,
Feet up, resting
Encouraging the rain...

Maybe tomorrow;

Another face I will see
When I close my eyes...
An angel in the clouds
Sent to comfort me

To heal myself
Because I cannot

Believe.

There's this stubborn side of you still left on this earth
That I don't know how much you can avoid;
There are quiet prayers being told in the dark
That we all wish would come to life...

Come to life;

Some secrets lie safe under this grave
Wrote the epitaph myself,
Gave a part of me away
And the final word was loved.

NO.
The final word was young.

Almost dying changes nothing
Dying changes everything.

There's this stubborn side of you still left on this earth.

Some secrets lie safe under the tree.

...

This doesn't have to define you
Keep looking under the surface

For bottles of rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment