Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

For Centuries

I've been nearly awake for centuries
As hours have grown...
Days turned into years
Nostalgia born
And mirrored life transcending...
Only revealing half of who we are.

I escaped from my desire, was all...
Never out of my mind entirely;
The frame still holds a perfect image
Now that eyes will sleep without torment...

What does it mean to you to know...
That I have spent the last few years of my life
As a patient to myself?
Through all patients...
Hoping that the next hand to be dealt
Will triumph over all adversities...

Praying that the next path I'll cross
Will be more meaningful...
Because all that I've ever known
Has seemed so misleading....

We'll try to hide our face from the sun
So when we finally open up again
They'll be more than what there ever was...

There was always... something

For us,

Beating hearts;

Alive for centuries...

Transcending life;

2 comments:

  1. I've been nearly awake for centuries
    As hours have grown...
    "Days turned into years"

    Nostalgia born
    I like the stones of photography

    ReplyDelete