Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Saturday, July 28, 2012

"From The Grave of Someone You Loved Yesterday."

I needed support that I just couldn't handle
I needed love like a drug,
Inside of you... inside of me.

Something within this nature...
Standing directly under the trees
Can you forgive and innocent stranger?
Than blame the ones you loved instead of accepting?

Apples grew and then died right before my very eyes
Within my skeletons hand...
Like some sort of hysterical joke

I felt they were all laughing...

Believing that there couldn't be anything more

Of the mysterious beyond.

Taken for granted

Take it for granted...
You always will.
The "never balance" was surely fading

All was envy
Just like the name on the stone;

I am youthful
I am elder

I am alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment