Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Simplicity.

Simplicity, I know
High strung on, Goodbyes
The silence given back to steal
Sometimes I really want to...
Tell you what I think...
But it's Hellos,
Goodbyes... see you again sometime
My hopeless little friend...

I'm glad to know you.

Depend on me, as I depend on

Tomorrow's

Simplicity.

The world is hanging on by a thread
Which makes life interesting
Waiting for the silence, long hours throughout the day
The storm arrives at nightfall
When I still speak your name

Trying to make scene of it...

Reasons and happy mediums
Wishful thinking.

I learned I could not do without
(Desire)
To overcome the obstacle
Crushing my pride as I sleep.
(Alone)
As we ignore the hope
The love that is no different from us.

Everything from hello
To Goodbye
And all that falls in between.

I'm glad to know you.

Depend on me, as I depend on

Tomorrow's

Simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment