Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

To No Avail

In a broken glass I see my reflection
It's not yours...
The uncommon love in hearts
You stare right through
Pity in your eyes, I don't deserve
No one deserves this kind of treatment...
Pity in your eyes,

Electric shock until I die...

The mind has opened up to memory;
Just as the voice cries "don't go in there"...
It's no ordinary place... it's no ordinary day
But every moment of your life
You are reminded...

This sort of thing may only come along once in a while.

Hope is all anyone has...
The torment of "nothing can be perfect",
"If the shoe fits wear it..."
But now it's getting old...
Have to adjust and make some changes

Everyone expects more...
Buy more... desire more...
Love less...

All in search of a meaning
A difference.

There is none...

The hate you fill me with is poison

In a broken glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment