Works in progress. A journey through the early stages of my 19th book of poetry...

Monday, July 30, 2012

Undying

A bell sounds in the darkness
Recalls my faith in you
Footsteps covered, uncovered
In the whitest shapes
And roses of undying hope;

Snap the branches off me
And watch the birds go...
Fly away;
Maybe we can see more than just clouds
As the storm grows near

Eternity;

In a lifetime none of us could ever imagine such grace.
Complete harmony with the world,
It's wars and it's peace...
Reality set in;
Until that time faith will take your hand...
And some indescribable perception
Will see through my eyes
Staring directly in yours...

The only way the old can be renewed.

Requiescat in pace

The Epitaph... word for word.

1 comment:

  1. And roses of undying hope;

    Snap the branches off me
    And watch the birds go...
    Fly away;
    Maybe we can see more than just clouds
    As the storm grows near

    Eternity;

    Esta parte me gusta

    ReplyDelete